Will you join us in the challenge and ‘Choose to Refuse’ single use plastics this month? Please join our effort to help the environment and choose to refuse single-use plastic during July and beyond!
Barefruit currently employ a number of initiatives and a plastic-free challenge that gets us thinking about the amount of plastic packaging in our lives! The Barefruit mindset is to create forever habits.
1. Make sure everyone knows the rules of recycling
2. No single use plastics: NO disposable coffee cups — only keep-cups to be used, reuse coffee carrying trays, take own bowls/crockery to get food from local cafe’s
3. Bring your own lunch/meal- share lunch program — cutting down on takeaway containers
4. In-office swaps including clothes, books, unwanted gifts, etc
5.Sustainable switches: reusable rags instead of paper towels, keep cups, reusable shopping bags, metal straws, reusable cutlery and plates over take-away versions.
6. Compost food scraps
7. Office plants to detox the air
8. Natural, toxin-free cleaning products
9. Open windows and encouraging natural light. This saves energy and is better for overall wellbeing
10. Promote sustainable and healthy food (Food Challenges encouraged)
11. Adopt a ‘Double Sided’ policy when using the printer
12. Car sharing/pooling to meetings
13. Dropbox filing system instead of paper filing
14. Purchase recycled paper
If you offend twice in a week your penalty is to shout the team coffee (keep cups, of course) wearing the orange suit to the coffee shop through the Main Street (River St, Ballina)
Living plastic free can be a forever mindset.
- Avoid products in plastic packaging (choose alternatives)
- Reduce where possible (opt for refills, remember your reusable shopping bags)
- Refuse plastics that escape as litter (e.g. straws, takeaway cups, utensils, balloons)
- Recycle what cannot be avoided
Are you with us?
Click below to accept and join the Plastic Free July 2018 Challenge & contribute to the count!
The Plastic Free July Foundation's mission
Build a global movement that dramatically reduces plastic use and improves recycling. Their vision is a world without plastic waste. Over 2 million people from 159 countries are choosing to be part of our annual Plastic Free July challenge, reducing their consumption of single-use plastics in July and beyond. This July, they’re calling for all global citizens to collectively address on of the world’s greatest environmental challenges, plastic waste.
Join the global movement by taking up the challenge to #choosetorefuse and go #plasticfreejuly. The Plastic Free July campaign raises awareness of our growing plastic waste problem and supports behaviour change by helping people to avoid single-use (disposable) plastic. But it's not just about changing our own behaviour, we want to scale our impact by sharing solutions and be part of a wider movement for change. Community groups, businesses, schools and other organisations can also participate in Plastic Free July - get started with our handy toolbox of resources.