Help yourself, your business and most importantly your customers
Q. Can you tell me how to get to Timbuktu?
A. Not without a map.
Our region is home to some of the most awesome products and services, but how do you cut-through the clutter and get your message to the right audience?
With a simple marketing plan!
So many clever people in business put their marketing plan into the ‘I’ll do that later - it’s a bit hard’ basket. But how will you tell people how great you are without a plan?
We understand this. Running a business is busy enough, but really we promise you, it doesn’t have to take long to map out where you are, where you want to be and how you are going to get there.
5 tips to defining your marketing plan:
1. Define your audience or audiences – be realistic, it’s not everyone in Ballina.
2. Think about what you are selling and what your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) is – why should your customers choose you over your competitors?
3. When and where does your audience hang out? Where will they be open to hearing about you… on social media, in the car, in a newspaper, at the bus stop?
4. Allocate some $$’s. You have to invest something in marketing and, depending on where your audience are hanging out, it doesn’t need to break the bank.
5. Make everything measurable – even the small things need to have goals so you know if you achieved them or not. What do you want your investment to return for you? Email addresses, walk-ins, referrals.
Bonus tip: step and repeat and keep on measuring.
Now that’s a plan every business can start with. The new financial year is coming so get your plan happening and if you need a hand give us a call.
Your Barefruit Team